Distributing and promoting commercial applications as trial and evaluation versions is highly important for any serious developer. However, the process of delivering trial and full versions of the program may be somewhat problematic. If the measures taken to limit the functionality of the full version are not serious enough, it can make way for unauthorized access and illegal use of your program.
You might be searching for an easy way to restrict the functionality of your C# 2.0 Windows Forms application and to create reliably protected demo and trial versions. If so, look no further. Spices.Fortress: an excellent tool that will become the sentinel of your trial functionality and provide your valid customers with an easy way to unlock the application to gain access to all of its functions!
Spices.Fortress has the following distinct advantages:
- protection of .NET applications, but not their obfuscation
- protection of the data needed to run the application, not the code itself
- use of native (but characteristic of C#) means only
- the protected executable is natively compiled by C# (hence no compatibility problems)
- no external processing of C#-produced protected executables
- the Key is not checked but is used to restore the protected functionality
- each Key contains personal data, therefore each Key may be easily identified and verified
The fundamental difference between Spices.Fortress and conventional code protection tools is that it protects only the data needed to run the application, but not the code itself. This goal is reached by using different sets of event handlers for trial and full versions of the same application. Once protected by Spices.Fortress, applications select the necessary set based on the presence of a valid Fortress Key legally obtained from the developers along with a license.
Try Spices.Fortress in action and rest assured that not a single bit of your protected C# 2.0 application will be compromised.